Imagine you are a billionaire and have everything that money can buy… big chunks of land, mansions overlooking the sea, the most expensive boats, fancy cars, a personal jet, adventures, even beautiful women… just to mention a few. Does this guarantee personal contentment or true happiness?
It is a fact that people need money to survive. You sell goods and services for money and use it to buy what you want. Without money, there is no trade! The whole world revolves around money and it takes talent and ability to use it well. Money is important and it’s for that reason that we strive to get or create jobs that earn us a good income. Hence we can:
- Meet all our personal expenses, loans and pay taxes.
- Invest and save it for our own future use or the next generation.
- Enjoy the basic needs of life and live a healthy life style.
- Get value and status in society which boosts our self esteem.
- Save and Change lives, provide education and charity to those in need.
Reasons for uses of money are endless. I have heard many people say that “… with money I am financially secure, confident and content”. Yes, you can achieve some amount of happiness butwhen is the money trap so bad that it sucks all personal contentment out of us?
I honour and admire the first female British Prime Minister’s, quote as the best answer “… Too much love of money for its own sake”